Exams: Year 3, Term 3
Below are S's exam questions for term 3 this year. He'll have his exams in early August.
Mathematics (Ray's Intellectual Arithmetic):
- Is 6/5 an improper or proper fraction?
- Reduce 8/10 to its lowest terms.
- Add ½ and 1/6.
- Reduce 10/3 to a mixed number.
- Give an account of all of Hitty's owners in order. Describe each one in detail.
Latin (Prima Latina):
- Recite the Table Blessing in Latin.
- Translate to English: alma mater, stupor mundi, altus, multus, bonus, longus, novus.
- Write the pronouns for each verb ending: o, s, t, mus, tis, nt.
American History (Civil War-WWI):
- Give an account of the presidency of Ulysses Grant, Grover Cleveland, or Theodore Roosevelt.
- Tell about World War I.
- Tell about your favorite event in this book.
Bible (John 13-21):
- Explain why Christ's sacrifice was necessary.
- Illustrate with colored pencils the Crucifixion or Resurrection of Christ.
Art History - Titian:
- Tell about the life and paintings of Titian.
- Sing the three songs learned this term.
World History (Post WWII):
- Tell of the history of the nation of Israel.
- Give an account of the Cold War.
- Summarize the Korean War or the Vietnam War.
The Prince and the Pauper:
- How were the Prince and the Pauper's lives improved because they switched places?
- Sketch one non-living thing.
- Recite #38-48.
- Tell about nocturnal animals.
- Describe life in a zoo.
- In what ways do animals help humans?
- What human actions endanger animals? How can endangered animals be saved?
Church History (The Early Church and Feast Days):
- Give an account of Saint Columba or Saint Kateri Tekakwitha.
- Describe the life of Saint John Chrysostom.
- Tell about the work of Saint Martin or Saint Augustine.
The Story of Beowulf:
- Tell of one of Beowulf's battles.
- Write two contractions and write out the words that are joined in each contraction.
- Write the verbs am, go, and carry in the past tense.
- Write a friendly letter to Beowulf or Prince Edward. Include all five parts of a friendly letter.
- List in order instructions for preparing a bowl of oatmeal or for another activity you know how to do.
Pilgrim's Progress - Book II:
- Describe an event in the reading this term.
- Translate to English: No soy catolico. No soy judio. Soy protestante. No soy canadiense. No soy mexicano. Soy americano. Yo estoy en los Estados Unidos.
- Translate to English: yo, usted, el, ella, nosotros, ellos, ellas.
- Translate to English: necesitar, venire, aprender, andar, querer, tener, comprar, entrar, vivir, hablar, decir, pedir.
Poetry - Edna St. Vincent Millay:
- Tell about the life and poetry of Edna St. Vincent Millay.
Music History - Richard Wagner:
- Tell about the life and works of Richard Wagner.
- Turn in your nature journal.
Geography - Mexico and Central America:
- Label the map of Central America below: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Atlantic Ocean, Colombia, Lake Nicaragua, Mexico, Pacific Ocean, Panama Canal.
2. Label the map of Mexico below: Baja Peninsula, Belize, Gulf of Mexico, Guatemala, Isthmus of Tehuantepec, Matamoros, Mexico City, Pacific Ocean, Sonoran Desert, Tijuana, United States of America, Yucatan Peninsula.